On The Western Front review
1 GB available space
Einshtein.org is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
On The Western Front Review
On The Western Front is an application developed by Aggroblakh. On The Western Front was first published on . On The Western Front is accessible for Steam.
Grand Strategy on a Small Scale
January, 1915. The Race to the Sea is over. The Great War has just begun. You are the commander of a single division in the meat grinder that is the Western Front. Lead your men over the top as you attempt to break the stalemate that is to claim the lives of millions over the course of years.
Are you ready to be a donkey and lead lions to their glorious deaths?
Mud and Blood
- Command your men down to the platoon level. Build trenches, dig tunnels, set barbed wire, and more in a futile attempt to break through the enemy lines.
- Make use of different unit types to solve the stalemate, from riflemen and machine gunners to engineers and tunnelling units.
- Multiple shell types allow astute commanders to remain flexible. From gas shells to shrapnel, different situations call for different shells.
- Weather and time of day will affect everything, including visibility, morale, and the structural integrity of your fortifications. Make sure to maintain them properly!
- Earn Valour from your superior officers by sending your men to their deaths during full-scale offensives. Both inflicted and sustained casualties can be used to unlock upgrades - lessons learned through blood sacrifice.
- Perform trench raids and capture enemy prisoners in order to capture intelligence.
- Send pilots on reconnaissance missions in order scout the enemy lines and keep an eye on enemy activities.
- If you can't break the enemy lines above ground, go underneath them and set mines that can be detonated at will.