Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 review
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 Review
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 is an app designed by 1C Entertainment. Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 was first published on . It is currently available for Steam.
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 covers the events of 1943 in Tunisia, North Africa. Recovering from their losses after the crushing defeat and subsequent retreat after the Second Battle of El-Alamein, the German Afrika Korps - reinforced and now supported by the Italian Army - prepare once more to put steel against steel with the Allies. The Axis forces, under the command of the legendary General Erwin Rommel, have an all too brief opportunity to seize victory from the clutches of their earlier failures. Players will lead Rommel’s Afrika Korps in their last full-scale military campaign and command the English and American armies as they try to push the Axis forces out of Africa once and for all.
- House to house urban combat
- Animated hand-to-hand fighting
- Anti-air vehicles and stationary anti-aircraft mounts to control
- Smoke screens
- Different types of trenches, sand bags, road blocks and barbed wire emplacements are now available (to defending units only) and can be placed by the player before the battle starts
- Advanced unit formations control
- Improved soldier A.I. (e.g. soldiers will independently search for cover and share heavy weapons ammo)
- Improved complex infantry damage system
- New advanced visual spotting system accounts for observation angles and smoke screens
- Online Game Server Browser
- Improved visuals and sound, with new soldier and vehicle models, new sounds and music, and all new explosion effects and animations.
- 15 missions in three campaigns – German, American and British - including famous battles such as Kasserine Pass, Sidi Bou Zid, Sbeitla and Tebessa.
- Mission Editor to create your own scenarios
- Interactive Tactical Battle Map
- Over 50 different vehicle types
- Over 30 new unique buildings